What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ugh. More orchid probs...

Hrm... This is regarding my white phal... I got this one discounted because there wre no flowers on it, but little did they know, it was still budding... I got some flowers. Two leaves died (from the bottom), and there are two healthy ones left. After those flowers died (I tried to pollinate), I cut the spike to an appropriate length to make it flower again. its shooting out another lenth of buds (well, right now its just a nub coming out from the node)... Anyways. My question is regarding the leaves. Other than the leaf that was a baby when i bought it, no no leaves have formed. I can't find any new roots forming on the 'stem' or anything. Its just flowering. What is the problem? My other phal is always making new leaves. slowly, but its still making them. Two so far.
biggrin.gif

Any ideas? Thanks...

I'm not surprised that it's not growing leaves or roots right now. It's growing flowers. Depending on the genetics, it would be normal for the Phal to bloom, then rest, then start a new growth cycle of roots and leaves. I really don't think you've got a problem.

I sorta was thinkin along those lines too, ecept forthe fact that my other phal is producing leaves, roots and flowers at the same time...

Should I remove the spike (its on its second set of buds, but the node has JUST broken open with the new bud), to let it grow leaves, or is it fine?

Thanks Merlin!

Back