What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A weed or an orchid?

about 6 months ago i noticed one of these growing in an orchid pot of mine. at first i thought maybe a seed from one of the many tiger or oriental lilies that i have outside had blown in so i tried pulling it out. a week later it was back so out of curiosity i let it grow and low and behold it flowered and looked to me like it was some type of odd ball orchid. well ofcourse i didnt get a picture and i thought that was that. well its back soooooooo ive got a preliminary pic and will get another when it blooms but going from the pic anyone have any idea what it is?

weed or orchid?

Looks like some sort of monocot anyways. I`d have to see a flower to know what it is though:p

well give it a month and it should flower..............i have a hard time being patient
smile_n_32.gif
i didnt think it would show up again.

Sure they aren't runners or sprouts coming up from the pseudobulbs??

From the looks of, it's an orchid but I could be wrong.

gracilis--im sure like i said ive seen it bloom, while they are nothig spectacular i got the impression it was an orchid besides its in a pot of Oncidium so its DEFINATELY not the type of orchid thats in the pot. ill post a pic as soon as it flowers again.

It has an orchid look about it. Whatever it is, it's nothing common.

Back