What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some pics of my orchids!

Here are some pictures of my orchids!!
smile.gif

A slipper orchid

The flowers:

Slipperorchidflower.jpg

And the leaves.
smile.gif

Slipperorchidleaf.jpg

A quite unusual but very nice orchid, I dont know what it is.
The flowers

Unusualorchidpicture.jpg

And the leaves.
smile.gif

Unusualorchidleaves.jpg

I hope you like them, tell me what you all think!
smile.gif

Dino
smile_n_32.gif

Nice. I like the Paphiopedalum the best.

Very nice. The other might be a Zygopetalum I don't know the genus very well and there are some hybrids out there to confuse things. But it might be Zygopetalum mosenianum. Zygos are usually very fragrant.

Thanks.
smile.gif
It doesnt smell though.

Thank you for the kind comments, Pondboy.
smile_m_32.gif

I will get more photos up soon.
smile.gif

Dino
cool.gif

If it isn't aromatic (extremely) then I doubt it's a zygo. It's probably one of the gazillion Odontoglossum Alliance plants, including all sorts of complex intergeneric hybrids. Some people have spectacular collections of them.

cool in my new house they are leaving a massive orcid with white flowers

good pictures star

Oooh, is that orchid going to be yours, tree terror? If its not, I will happily have it.
smile_m_32.gif
Do you know how to look after it? It will be a shame to get an orchid-a very impressive orchid if you dont know how to look after it?

Oh yes, thank you for the kind comments!
smile_m_32.gif

cool orchids! I just went to a place that was supposed to have lady's slipper but ofcourse they weren't blooming
smile_h_32.gif
we NEVER get to see them bloom! darn it!
anyway I'm just a newbie... I've had my phalaenopsis orchid for... oh.... 3 hours now? LOL

Back