What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem...

Hey all,
I began to notice on one of my Phalapenosis has a black spot on one of it's leaves. Wondering wat could it be? Could it be the media it is in? or the water type? Thanks

anyway here's the pic of it:
128-2876_IMG.JPG

Phalaenopsis are a pain... could be many things that would cause such a problem. The sunken dark leaf tissue could be from cold water splash or from some insect or disease attacking from underneath, or a combination of insect damage followed by disease infection. Or sun hitting some water on the leaf and burning the tissue..

Watch it carefully and see if you can determine if it is spreading into surrounding leaf tissue. If it was something mechanical like cold water or sun hitting water then it shouldn't continue to enlarge (although it might slightly for a short period) if it is insect/disease it will continue to enlarge and you might see other spots also show up on the same leaf or on other leaves.

Tony

Cut off the leaf. Thats what I do with my orchids when something happens. You can just cutt off part and it will be okay.

Back