What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown bulbo photo

Bruce sent it to me as Bulbophyllum odoratissimum but i dont think it is. its growth habit is similar but the flowers arent right. anyone have any idea?

bulbo.jpg

Well, in a completely self-serving manner, I'll say that's the most genuine looking Bulbophyllum odoratissimum that has ever existed and I can't imagine how it could be questioned.

I'm curious how it'll look during it's next bloom, because it looks like the problem might just be that it wasn't ready for a complete display of flowers.  But that could be wishful thinking.  I'm still bothered by that lack of scent you mentioned to me before, because that species is a rare Bulbo that a normal person would want to smell.  There are variations among plants and among noses so, for instance, I've never been able to smell a Brassavola nodosa.

welp ill wait patiently for the next set of blooms than Bruce. i like the plant so its being properly identified is more for if i trade divisions it in the future than anything else. thanks Bruce!

Back