What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will someone please...

My sarrs are lost in time...
My S.flava, S. purpurea spp. venosa, S. X wrigleyana and S. leuco hybrid are all sending up flower stalks. In November. Wazzup with that?
confused.gif
Do they not know what time of year it is?

CNC, Those are actually picket signs. At this time of year, they evaluate their growers, and if happy, go dormant. If they think you need improvement, they send up what appear to be flowers, and tell the world what a truly bum year they had at your expense! When they reach peak, they won't flower, it'll be a sign showing they are on strike. Better run now, while you have the chance!! Send them to me, and I will crack the whip, and put'em into shape!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Always willin' to help!)

I live in the same area as you, and mine aren't doin that.

Either you're a better grower than CNCreefer or else you're so despicable that the plants are afraid to organize.  Kinda makes them the WalMart workers of the plant world.

Oy, I don't know. They must be broken. I've never got mine to flower before they died. At least yours are still growing!

I got 2 blooms off of my s. flava "Marston Dwarf". They just shut down, and I did not pollinate them. My VFT's are blooming again. 3rd time this year!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CNCreefer @ Nov. 05 2005,2:01)]My sarrs are lost in time...
My S.flava, S. purpurea spp. venosa, S. X wrigleyana and S. leuco hybrid are all sending up flower stalks. In November. Wazzup with that?  
confused.gif
Do they not know what time of year it is?
My S. flava has done that two years in a row now.

The flowers only grow on stalks a couple inches tall, but full blooms develop.

I had a purpurea that had a late flower stalk come up...but I yelled at it and the flower stalk went away, and the plant decided to behave more nicely.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ Nov. 06 2005,6:21)]I had a purpurea that had a late flower stalk come up...but I yelled at it and the flower stalk went away, and the plant decided to behave more nicely.
LOL! I had a D. capensis do that last year and I was Lorena Bobbit for a day. And no, no one was offered a beer.

We've got flavas coming into bloom now too. They've never done this. We were blaming hurricane Wilma.

Back