What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One question

What is the biggest ur ceph has ever grown? Post ur pics here and plz label it if its a giant form or not. Thank you
P.S. I myself hav no ceph but I'd really enjoy seeing yours.

Here's the plantlet I got from Elgecko last year:

AF003201.jpg

Awwwwww i want one of those soooooooooooooooooooooo bad i could cry..
smile_h_32.gif

Jim yours is very cute and pretty..
smile_m_32.gif

Maybe Jimscott can put a baby into a reed basket and float it down a river to you! You could name it: Mocephs!!

Here is the parent plant that Scotts came from.
It is in a 4" pot and it's a typical.
I do have a "Hummers Giant" that has a long way to go before it will look good.

133Cephalotus-follicularis1.jpg

Jim: Great looking plant! Very cute
biggrin.gif

Elgecko: I've seen that picture on your website before, but I can't just not say anything about it now: Wow! That plant is a monster! How old is it? How big is the biggest pitcher? Great job man!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JBL @ Nov. 20 2005,10:21)]Maybe Jimscott can put a baby into a reed basket and float it down a river to you! You could name it: Mocephs!!
Ya i wish he could do that but no rivers by me just surrounded by lakes..
smile.gif

elgecko
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
WOW WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Thats awsome and just stunning..
smile.gif

LLeopardGGecko, i belive i told you befour but i will say it again VERY BEAUTIFUL plant!!!!
smile_m_32.gif

Ok now Traceys gona go cry in a corner somewhere...

Dear Santa, Tracey really is a good lady and CP mommy and all she wants for x-mass is a Ceph..
smile_r_32.gif

Awwww, thanks Barracuda!

Perhaps we can all pitch in to the "Get Tracey a Ceph For Christmas" fund
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JBL @ Nov. 20 2005,10:21)]Maybe Jimscott can put a baby into a reed basket and float it down a river to you! You could name it: Mocephs!!
Joe.... that was Soooooooo bad that it was good! Very clever!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Nov. 21 2005,2:11)]Perhaps we can all pitch in to the "Get Tracey a Ceph For Christmas" fund
biggrin.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile.gif
smilie4.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
Hehehe.. Now do i have to find Santa and sit on his lap for my Ceph? LOL!!
smile_r_32.gif

Thanks for the comments.

LLeopardGGecko,
My plant was smaller then yours when I got it. It took about a year before it started to create mature pitchers.
The largest pitcher is about 1 1/4". It is going on 3 years in my care.

heres one of my two cephs...its really growing fast compared to what i have read and was told. i think maybe people pamper it TOO much. lol

IMG_1104.jpg

What an awesome looking Ceph, Spike! Do you grow it inside under lights?

I agree with you about the pampering. Sometimes you just have to let the little guys fight for themselves. Makes em' stronger
smile_m_32.gif

ya it is in a lil "shelve" thing i made which i put in our basement. then i hung some tube flouresents over it and...well it has worked well for me

thanks

Brad

Here's one of my Cephalotus.  It develops a nice dark purple color:

cephalotus.jpg

I tried to do a side by side comparison showing color variation between two plants:

newceph.jpg

That's crazy Brian. You may have mentioned it before, but are both those Cephs grown in the same conditions?

The plants are growing under to different light conditions.  The dark purple one is growing under 6 40watt tubes, a combination of daylight and cool white.  The bright red plant is growing under 4 40watt tubes, a combination of wide spectrum and cool white.  If you look at the markings on the under side of the lids, you can see that they are the same for both pitchers.  This is because they are the same clone.  It shows how plants respond to different quanities and qualities of light.

Brian

Back