What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Helis, where is everyone getting theirs?

my wife is getting a bit torqued at all my plants, truth be told ive probably gor more irons in the fire than i probably should. so come this spring when the weather warms up im going to condence my collection and to focus my personal collection on my Neps and epiphytic Utrics. keep around my favorite terrestrial Utrics, Genlisea, pings and sundews. i also would like to get more into Helis. i purchased an H. minor from Tony last spring and will be checking with him again when it warms up in the spring. but where else have ppl been purchasing theirs? ive got a 45 gallon tank sitting unused that i plan on converting to a Heli/epi-Utric grow chamber this winter. i never thought thought the more or less plain growing habit of of the Helis would interest me but they are growing on me
smile_n_32.gif

I got two from Tony, one from blackjungle at the NECPS show, and the other as a gift from another CP enthusiast.  All were very healthy when I received them.

They really are wonderful plants--the pitchers have a simple yet elegant look.  I have to grow them in my terrarium, however, because they seem to be really fussy about having high humidity (at least for me).  All, save for H. heterodoxa x minor, seem to be fussy about having lower temps too.

I like the clone of H. heterodoxa x minor that cobraplant.com sells. It's not fussy about temp. or humidity. They only sell the plant in May and June.

Brian

I got one from California Carnivores, one in a trade with BobZ, a few from Tony, and a few from an ebay seller called "throckmoron". I also never thought I'd really be into them, but they kept growing on me till I got a couple. Now I love 'em! They're about the only plants I mist every day, though I don't think I have to.

Capslock

I think Wistuba would have the most diversity, but I think he is done shipping for the year.

Back