What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purple pitcher and cobra lily

I have some seeds for both these plants and just like for the Drosera Rotundifolia I wanna know if everyone thinks it's too early to sow them. What you all think?

Have they been stratified? If they have, you can grow them on a sunny windowsill.

This is the time I usually sow my sarrs after they have been stratified for 3 to 4 weeks.
This gives them a little longer growing season, so they get a bit more size to them.

I stratify seeds longer than elgecko but agree that starting them early is good.  I'll probably plant my Sarr seeds in the next couple weeks.  They'll stay under fluorescent lights with my small Neps and orchids until they can go outside for the summer.  And, unless they grow unexpectedly large this year, they'll spend next winter under the lights too.  Seedlings can skip their first dormancy and I don't like burying tiny plants under the leaf pile where my Sarrs spend the winter.  I've read that plants can skip two or even three dormancies, but I limit it to one.

I mean sow/strafity because I'm just putting them outside in a shed for their strafication period.

That's fine too. They'll start growing in late March/April.

Back