What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

darlingtonia seedlings

I germinated darlingtonia seeds early this spring and they are growing vigorously, but I wanted to know when they will get mature pitchers.

here's a picture of them
seedlingpic3.JPG

they're spending their first winter inside on the window sill, then I'll put them outside in the spring.

Welcome to the forum. According to your name, shouldn't I be asking you that question?
smile_n_32.gif
Just Kidd'n!

According to The Savage Garden, the plant is a slow grower from seed taking about 3 years to get 2-4 inch pitchers. Sorry, I don't have first hand experience with it. Maybe you could let us know in a few years when the question pops back up again.
smile.gif

Oh, btw, nice picture!

CPM, Try 7 to 10 years on the maturity. Funny thing about CP. You can't rush'em!

Wow, 7 years! I'm going to college in 2 years and I don't know what I'll do with my plants then.
smile_l_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Wow, 7 years! I'm going to college in 2 years and I don't know what I'll do with my plants then.
smile_l_32.gif

Release them. If they come back to you, then they're yours to love fore- .... Umm... Good luck figuring something out, luckily, you've got two years to do so.

smile.gif
Awwwwwwwwww CPM those darlingtonia seedlings are just way to cute, to bad they take soooooooooooooo long to mature but still enjoy them and there cuteness over the yrs till there beautiful full grown adults..
smile_m_32.gif

Back