What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my poor ceph

My girlfriend just had bunion surgery and can't be on her feet for the next six weeks. I couldn't really leave her this week (she couldn't keep the pain killers down) and so I couldn't really get down to the greenhouse.
Anyway, my plants all got pretty dry... Sarrs look great, VFTs look great, Neps look great, Dews look great... but my ceph I don't think is going to make it and I am soooo upset. Is there any chance it'll come back from the roots?

i have had my cephs both dry to almost all but a few pitchers and they are doing great now..

One time I forgot to water my Ceph for several days, resulting in an incredibly dry (and unhappy plant). It was pretty sorry looking for about a week but it bounced back just fine. I guess it depends on how long your Ceph was really dry for.

My prediction: Your Ceph will be just fine. Just make sure it's getting plenty of water now.

Also, I hope your girlfriend feels better. My mom had that surgery a while back and I know it can be painful.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Dec. 19 2005,5:30)]Also, I hope your girlfriend feels better. My mom had that surgery a while back and I know it can be painful.
yeah, she's gonna be off her feet for like a month.

My ceph was looking pretty rough and I really hate it because she got it for me for my birthday.

I lost him.
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kahnli @ Dec. 22 2005,10:15)]I lost him.
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
Awwwwwwww that is so sad, sorry for your loss kahnli..
smile_h_32.gif

Kahnli, CPs have a habit of sprouting up from the roots. I'd keep the pot moist for a month or so before giving up on it entirely. I don't know if the ceph will resprout but, it's more likely to have a chance than if you toss the pot in the compost.

BCK

I agree, don't throw it out yet!

Cole

no, I haven't thrown it out... I had a darlingtonia do that last year and is thriving now...
let's hope for the best!

Lets hope the poor little ceph makes a full recovery..
smile_m_32.gif

Its dead.  So suggest you send the pot to me so I can have a ceph.......I mean for proper burial........  
smile_n_32.gif

Back