What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caterpillar Baby Cephalotus

Cindy

Staff member
A leaf (about 0.5 cm) fell off the main plant when I repotted it. I left the leaf behind on a mass of sphagnum moss thinking it would just die off anyway. In 2 months, I got this. Btw, that is a 1 cm, not 1 inch.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

cephbaby2200106.jpg

cephbaby200106.jpg

cephbaby3200106.jpg

By the way, the "caterpillar" lives here among the sphagnum.  
laugh.gif

cephbabyhome.jpg

Good eyes! I'm surprised you managed to find it.
Congratz,
~Joe

oOO thats cute, only ten years till maturity
laugh.gif

Of course it would grow as a "weed"
smile_m_32.gif
! You're right, if you'd try propagating off that small leaf on purpose it wouldn't have sprouted anything but mold
laugh.gif
. Just pretend that you don't want it there and it will soon overwelm the adelae!
smile_l_32.gif

Hahaha, what a cool story! Cute little guy
smile.gif

This reminds me...I need to start a few Ceph leaf cuttings this weekend...

I didn't think of it but my husband suggested that I could have taken off another leaf and leave it on the same area. I did that last night and only to find BigCarnivourKid's "..if you'd try propagating off that small leaf on purpose it wouldn't have sprouted anything but mold..." this morning. 
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cindy @ Jan. 20 2006,11:26)]I didn't think of it but my husband suggested that I could have taken off another leaf and leave it on the same area. I did that last night and only to find BigCarnivourKid's "..if you'd try propagating off that small leaf on purpose it wouldn't have sprouted anything but mold..." this morning.
smile_n_32.gif
That's cuz plant cuttings are kinda like kids.........contrary!
smile_m_32.gif

Back