What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats your flower count so far?

smile.gif

Get this... I'm up to nine! Yaaaaaaay~!
~Joe

my first preliminary count came up with 55, but those are the early risers. i'm sure that number will be going up quite a bit in the coming weeks. also, i was happy to find my pink lady slipper coming up again. my wife's grandma dug it up and gave it to me a couple of years ago. i didn't expect it to survive, but this is the second year in a row it came back.

This should be the Last Time I give a flower count. At least I hope so! Last count: 396 buds/blooms!

All are location plants putting up their future generations to the NASC and its members. I eneded up with FAR more buds than I ever expected. Having a ball pollinating them!

Whoo First flower! lol its only a S. purpurea though!
laugh.gif

Cheers

97 with no more coming, it appears.

ONLY an s. purpurea, Nep_AK? More like, hot dog, an s. purpurea is gonna make babies for me! WOO-HOOO!!!!!! Now I can spread them around!

I've got about 25-30, in a late-arriving California spring!

Capslock

You want seeds bugweed, is that what you are implying? lol YOU seem preaty excited, shouldnt i be the one thats jumping and screaming?
laugh.gif

Cheers

just counted 101. if there's any more, it will probably only be in the single digits.

bugweed, i think its time to start yelling at your plants to get into shape, tell them who's boss and they better get to 400. oh yeah, and now i have five buds. i hope the alata opens by the end of the week

227 Bog plants not up yet!

I am so psyched! I have oreophila in many color forms this year, and 16 buds from them. The NASC seedbank will start out WAY fat this year. The first year of our seedbank. I am hoping Forbes or Noah will come by and take pics of these guys so all can see them. A Tibbie Bog plant is very strange looking. An alata with a hood pulled way down over its mouth. From the front, it resembles a cobra. A Green Cobra. THIS one I have to get a picture of!!!

Youre Talking Jibberish Bug Jiberish!!!
But it does sound so cool, Will the Oreophila become avalible soon? I WANT ONE!

Cheers

Nep_AK, People in hell want ice water! Take a number and stand in line!

Oh I know I have to wait inline! And Ill wait aslong as it takes! Its kind of like those after christmas sales right?
smile_n_32.gif

Cheers

Here's my flower list:

'Flies Demise' x1
(oreo x flava) x leuco x3
H1 (from BobZ) x1
H2 (from BobZ) x2
excellens x formosa x2
oreophila x1
moorei x1
leuco x umlauftiana x2
red minor hybrid x1
oreo x minor x1
excellens x1
'Cobra Nest' x1
'Dixie Lace' x purpurea x3
alabamensis x oreophila x1
'Judith Hindle' x2
(rubra x oreo) x catesbaei x1
catesbaei F2 x1
'White Knight' x1
flava x minor x1
(oreo x purp) x leuco x2
alata x flava red x1
rubra x mitchelliana x2
(rubra x oreo) x (oreo x flava) x6
'Red Blush' x1
psitt x rubra antho-free x1
alata x leuco x5
catesbaei x2
rubra x (purp x rubra) x2
flava x8
flava x rubra x5
'Dixie Lace' x3
leuco x courtii x1
'Ladies In Waiting' x3
alata x flava x3
mitchelliana x5
leuco x (psitt x rubra) x1
leuco x oreo x1
leuco x rubra antho-free x3
minor x rubra x2
rubra rubra x2
willisii x mitchelliana x2
'Love Bug' x1
'June Bug' x2
'Ritchie Bell' x1

Mine were doing quite well:

-S. flava - 2
-S. leucophylla - 5
-S. wrigeleyana -1

Unfortunately, I realized today that their bog had a major fungal infection, and I had to cut most after repotting and cleaning off root rot to save the plants.

I knew things were going a bit too well this year
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif

Back