What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats your flower count so far?

That is early! I did find one tiny flower bud though today, on a (flava x oreophila) x purpurea. I tend to get buds appearing in March and the flowers open in late April to mid May.

So my count is at 1, with about 40 or 50 to go
smile.gif

I looked today and I have two S.rubra ssp. gulfensis with flower buds!

Jerry

As of today, 95. And not even close to finished.

Last year I had a total of 13 flowers. This year I have 11 buds on ONE plant!!! I hope to have a good year for Sar flowers and seeds.

Steve

As of today, at 5:35 pm, PST, 104 buds!

Woo hoo! Go Bug, Go Steve! Wooh! I'm seein' more popping up as time goes, too!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Feb. 24 2006,8:37)]As of today, at 5:35 pm, PST, 104 buds!
As of today: zero buds! Curses to the left and lower coasts!

Sincerely,
Freezing my buds off in the not-so-great northeast!

This is nothing. Phil Faulisi is De Man where collections go, in my book. He will expect 1200 to 1400 buds! Who has time to do all those!!!! Would like to see THAT someday.

I'd like to see Bob Hanrahan's plants.....just imagine 20 acres of sarrs, he starts 25,000 seedlings per year! I mean to pay him a visit one of these days!

Jerry

Even the cold snap we had last week hasnt slowed down bud formation.. I now have about 20.

Bugweed, I agree with you about Phil's collection. Quite a few of my most prized plants are gifts from him. He truely has a stunning collection of plants.

Steve

7:45 A.M., PST. 110 this morning! Growing some rubra's semi-aquatically, they are the reason for this mornings count!

5:55 P.M., PST, 118 buds and counting!

9:00 A.M. PST, 127 buds. SO COOL!!!!!

Two more Vfts so iim at 11 I'm still extremely surprised my H-8 hasnt sent up a single bud yet

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]5:55 P.M., PST, 118 buds and counting!
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]9:00 A.M. PST, 127 buds. SO COOL!!!!!

All of those buds popping up are interfering with the richter scale readings!!
smile_n_32.gif

That may be, Jon, but it is NOT interfering with ANY of my personal readings!!!!!! This is awesome to watch, and it is so cool that I have enough stuff here to really stock a seed bank. The NASC Seedbank to be!

39 as of 17:40 PST. This year I have buds on 2 of my most prized plants, S leucophylla "Purple Lips", and S. flava rubricorpora x moorei burgundy
biggrin.gif

And I'll take divisions of both! When you coming to see mine, Steve?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Feb. 26 2006,6:38)]And I'll take divisions of both! When you coming to see mine, Steve?
Sometime later this spring.. after the first pitchers have opened and everything is in full splendor.

Back