What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats your flower count so far?

Sweet!!!.....but i dont think i can get my private jet there in time. But at least i still have my lonely rubra flower, and my alata also my leucophylla. But knowing my luck, a bird will come and snap the stems....

Five buds for me. I guess fifty-degree highs aren't good enough to qualify as spring for most of my Sarracenia. At least it's something - for a while there I thought I wouldn't get any flowers.
~Joe

dgower82! Can't make it?? Dang! Adoption's off! But you should be happy to know that the budding should start slowing down. (Uh-oh! Hope those aren't "famous last words".)

32 so far!WooHoo!LOL

Jerry

Bugweed, I dont have a private jet but for gods sakes I will walk over there if you'll adopt me, you might need to worry though, I'm almost as insane as you are!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Hmmm...somthing about that comment doesn't feel right.

Cmon now, no discrimination against young growers. Give em all the rare plants Bugweed, you know the rules!

Get away from me Kirk! Yer trubble!!!!! Only good thing is, I had to separate the tables from each other, draw a pic of the growing tubs, and count them individually. I appear to have missed a couple of buds. The count, after the count, after the count, now stands at 370. Boy! Am I TIRED!!!!!!!

370 Buds!

lost two buds from the cold weather; S. Leucophylla "Tarnok" and S. Rubra ssp Rubra
smile_h_32.gif

so far 3 buds

370 buds? Holy cow......I though 8 on a single plant was alot!

Sorry, Nep G. The minors and psitts woke up. They took me unaware.

Bugweed, I regret to inform you that "suspicious activities" as monitored from surveillance on your home has prompted us to require you to let us test your plants for steroids. We'll be contacting you soon.

But seriously, way to go, Bug and everyone else!
My plants are slowly plugging along, we've have foggy/rainy days for weeks upon weeks now with only the occasional sunny day. More flowers popping up...

My Sarracenia as it went to bloom. The images are clickable.

I just KNEW I shouldn't have invited Barry Bonds over here to see the plants. They should be 10 feet tall, and 6 feet wide by the end of the season. NO INSECT WILL ESCAPE THEM!!! Pray I survive!
374 buds. EGAD!!!!

(We've replaced Bugweed's Superthrive with radioactive martian growth hormones... let's see if he notices.)

380!!!!!!!! WHO PUT MARTIAN GROWTH HORMONES IN MY SUPERTHRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Last count. fewer buds are appearing. FINALLY winding down. Glad though. Got 16 s. oreophila blooms this year. Still, not bad . May not be the very last count, but I am at 386 buds.

Back