What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats your flower count so far?

I know its sort of early but Jeremiah brought his plants out of dormancy so I decided to be a copycat and did the same, my plants have onyl been out of dormancy for about 2 weeks and they're already putting up more pitchers than ever! plants that didnt put up one pitcher alst year have 2 buds and 3 or 4 new pitchers coming in, its amazing, heres my flower count do far:
-S. flava "Green"-1
-S. alata Covington, LA-1
-S. leucophylla (I call it goliath since its so big)-1
-S. H-8-2
-S. minor wayne county, GA -1
-D. muscipula "Clumping" (not a sar but a plant out of dormancy)-1
So my final count is 7 I'll keep you updated, my grand total last year was 14

All I have going are D. adelae and P. primuliflora.
smile_h_32.gif

If I brought my plants out of dormancy now, it would be suicide. Here in OH we could have snow up to 2 weeks before June
smile.gif

I brought several of my plants out of dormancy last month. They weren't looking to good in the fridge and I decided they needed sunshine and fresh air more than they needed another 7 weeks of dormancy.

A big fat zero!

1 1/2 to 2 months of dormancy to go here.

Mine are still bagged up in the fridge. I probably won't pot them up until March or so.

Do u think I could take mine out rite now? Im in NJ and the temps have been about 40's and 50's. Im expecting snow on Sun. but the rest of the days look like low 40's. Do u think I could get away with it?

You mean to avoid freezing? They'll be happy in the high twenties throughout dormancy.

Some of my plants are showing signs of waking up, ever so slowly. However, the past week or so has been rainy and cloudy and unpleasant, so it'll be a while yet before I see much action in the flower department. Even when the time rolls around, I'm not sure how many flowers to expect as the vast majority of my Sarracenia were obtained last year!

My growing points are swelling, but still no signs of visible flower buds just yet. Won't be long now though
smile.gif

with the recent warm weather, either my leucophylla 'Tarnok' or Leucophylla 'Red' decides to send a bud up.

I have counted about 30 so far. S. flava's, s. X readii's, s.alata's, and one s. rubra ssp. gulfensis. I expect much more! Brooks deals with 300 to 400 flowers every year!

I know
smile_k_ani_32.gif
jeez Bugweed thats amazing especially for this early in the year, I expect around 30 maybe this whole year if I'm lucky!

I expect 150 blooms this year, or more.

I expect around 1200-1400 this year...that is...if I let them all flower. I usually cut them before they do.

Need any help pollinating them, Phil???? I'm ready!!!!!!!!!!

I am at 45 buds. More to come.

Woo! Found my very first today! And on a location plant, none the less! Wee-hee!
laugh.gif

great! I just realized my S. flava "Green" has 2 flowers instead of one and is sending up its first pitcher of the year which I'm expecting at about 1 1/2 feet, also my biggest leuco has sent up a bud and has 2 new pitchers which should threaten 3 feet this year

And by nightfall, I'm at 53.

Back