What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats your flower count so far?

whoa! thats simply amazing man now you guys are gonna make me start yelling at my plants to flower, I'm already anxious for one since I'm expecting it to, it has the most gigantic rhizome I've ever seen on a sarracenia other than a few of Jeremiahs huge ones and all its sent up so far is pitchers!

At least 24 flowers starting of S. alata (Covington LA)
7 flowers for S alata x leucophylla from Watson Pine Preserve.

Numerous Utric and P. primuliflora flowers.

All my Genlisea are flowering.

Just went through again. 63 and rising.

Went through again, 5 minutes ago. 4 more coming through growth points. 67.

<span style='color:teal'>Hello guys!
smile.gif

I see you have a lot of Sarr's going crazy producing flowers. Can anyone of you be kind enough and post pics of the flower buds and how do the plants look previous of the flower stal appear, you know pics of the swelling growing point. Can you?

My Sarr's have never produced flowers, so i would like to see how Sarr's look alike before producing flowers and while producing them to comapre with mine.

Thanks,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

ask me about mid-May, for my flower count.

this time last year, they were in full bloom. that's the difference between overwintering in a greenhouse, and overwintering in an unheated garage in WI.

I'm with you sarracenia--nada. Philly PA may not be WI, but it is cold here! I'm expecting in the hundreds though
smile.gif

It was feeling pretty spring-ish here for a week or so but now we're back to low 20's at night... I know that's not much for you east coast and Canadian types but here in the northwest it's pretty intense. I even live in a sort of coastal area, where it's supposed to be fairer. Wow, the new forecast says in the low teens Thursday and Friday nights. Yippie hooray.
~Joe

I was at a the UConn Greenhouse this past weekend (NECPS meeting), and they have some monstrous leucos there, and some huge flavas, too.

Most of the sars were blooming (some already lost their petals!), but one flower in particular really grabbed me....An S. purpurea with a red-purple color to the outer petals (not really sure they're petals), and vibrantly PINK petals hanging down....just gorgeous!

I count 27 flower buds on "one" flava, 5 on a leuco, 1 6" tall bud on a hybrid, and 1 each on a purpurea ssp venosa, ssp venosa bukei, and purpurea antho-cyanin free. Oh, and one on an alata from Covington, LA.

Should be a good spring!

Going to freeze tonight. Be down to "0" by tomorrow morning. We'll see.

None here in south Georgia ,they know what time it is,LOL.
biggrin.gif

Jerry

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Feb. 15 2006,7:46)]Going to freeze tonight. Be down to "0" by tomorrow morning. We'll see.
"0" ?!
WOW, after a brief dip to 28F four nights ago we a continuing our upward trend. It was 77 today with a low of 59, the low for the next 7 days is 51. I hope to see many more flowers - SPRING IS HERE IN THE DEEP SOUTH!

Good luck in the great white west, BW!

Great job Wolfman. That's just beautiful!

Thanks Phil, it should make some great crosses.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CP30 @ Feb. 15 2006,9:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Feb. 15 2006,7:46)]Going to freeze tonight. Be down to "0" by tomorrow morning. We'll see.
"0" ?!
WOW, after a brief dip to 28F four nights ago we a continuing our upward trend. It was 77 today with a low of 59, the low for the next 7 days is 51. I hope to see many more flowers - SPRING IS HERE IN THE DEEP SOUTH!

Good luck in the great white west, BW!
try a low of -14 here tonight, man I'm lucky they arent outside

Fully expected to have many flowers abort from this cold snap. However, it didn't even slow them down. In fact, the count now sits at 80 buds. It seems the place in which we sit is a naturally warmer spot than the surrounding area. Only reached 34 degrees, no more. Nobody froze! So more to come!!!!!!!
Unfortunately, the Cottonwoods around here got caught flat footed, and froze all their little buddlings. They are bare once more. Heck, that could have been me!

A few new cladophyls here and the greenhouse is now nice and warm in the sun, although frosty at night. It's going to be cold next week, so I'll have to wait until early to mid March for any flowers to appear I expect.

This is very rare for here, Alvin. Usually March or April is when ours come up, but we started in January. Late January, and it has been going on ever since. Also have some prime leaf growing, and they should be open before March! Gonna be a long season this year. I am definitely happy enough. This mornings count is 86. That does not include the 6 coming up in the s. X "Rite-Aid" pots. (I don't include man made clones in my counts. Only natural hybrids and species plants.)

Back