What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats your flower count so far?

Up to 3 now!

Supposed to snow tomorrow, as it did last weekend. Still warm in the greenhouse in the sun though.

57! A humble start. Temps just started to climb this week in NE US. Plants are in unheated sunporch and transplanting will be completed in a week. Yeesh, I got a lot of work to do!

As of this morning (wait til the evening count!) 216 buds. Joe, again I laugh in your General direction!! Your Mother was a Hamster, and your father smells of Elderberries!!!

And now! The final count of the day! Ta rum ta RAHHHHH!!!!!!

223 buds!!

And so it goes................................

smile_k_ani_32.gif
here's a bud for you--bud...weis...er--ribbit

Hehehe, you guys sound like you've just OD'ed on Monty Python (if such a thing is possible!).

Watch it, Steven!! Don't force me to use the "Holy Hand Grenade!"

I'll just get more shrubbery!

Sigh! I tried. You leave me no choice. My secret weapon. THE secret weapon. All shudder before them!!!!! THEY ARE!!!!!!: "The Knights Who Say Neat!!!!!!!"

YOU leave me no recourse but to pull out the Holy Grail and polish up on my Pythonismsssess. Oh the HORROR!

dear steve,
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!
Bugweed

Lovely! Just lovely! 229 buds!!

Both of my Sarracenia have large flower pods. No blooms yet. I had flowers on my Drosera until my cat ate them and some of my baby Sarracenia. One of my Utricularia has very pretty blue/white flowers on it.
I have a small bud forming on one of Drosera but it hasn't bloomed yet.

I am still trying to get a pod/trap large enough that I can feed a few ex-girlfriends to, nothing yet though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I am still trying to get a pod/trap large enough that I can feed a few ex-girlfriends to, nothing yet though.

Meet me in the backalley forum, we'll discuss "taking care of" your exs there. *shifty eyes*
blues.gif

P.S. They'll never expect... THE SPANISH INQUESITION!

Bugweed are you sending all your seed to the seedbank? You taking reservations? LOL Way to go with all the flowers!! I hope to see some flowers period. JBL's plant might be the only flowers of a Sarr I see this year LOL

I really hate to bore you guys but, 235 buds tonight. Only 235 buds.
Three buds for Hurricane Creek White, and two buds on "Leah Wilkerson".

YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyy!

Your going to be one busy little bee polinating all those flowers.
smile_n_32.gif

15:00 PST... 54 buds
biggrin.gif

I did not actually count all the buds but almost every one of my Sarracenias is blooming this year. I have never had this many at one time! It's like a miracle or something! The cp deities have finally chosen to smile on me and bless me with flora-a-plenty. S. 'Judith Hindle', the 'Titan', minor, all the flavas, the alata, the purpurea, the unknown I think is a rubra, and even the smaller ones all are budding.  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

This will be my 5th season and it is by far the best. After the devastating losses from 2004's hurricanes, the few that survived have finally rebounded with exuberance! It's very exciting (for me anyway -- his highness in the mid 200's may scoff at such a naive as I but I'm happy).
smile.gif
laugh.gif

I scoff NOT!!! I remember when 10 buds was a lot! But today, 238 buds is the latest. And, CPHOG, I have NEVER had 238 or the high two hundreds, ever! Its new for me too this year. Got enough cold that it triggered a blooming frenzy.

Back