What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scarlet Belle x flava 'Red Tube'

Assuming the photo works, here are four siblings of S. "Scarlet Belle" crossed with a S. flava "Red Tube" (Liberty County, Florida). I grew the pollen parent from seed also.
The seedlings are 13 months old and quite colorful. The two on the left are my favorites, the one on the back right has weird pitchers and should probably go onto the compost pile. It is fun to watch hybrid Sarracenia develop as you never quite now what you will get.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums....b06.jpg

Strange enough I like the one on the back right. To each his own I guess. Rather like the back left on as well, looks sort of excellens like

What a fantastic cross!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile.gif

I like the one on the back left. Though they are all very pretty.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Woodnative @ Feb. 27 2006,2:19)]the one on the back right has weird pitchers and should probably go onto the compost pile.  
To me, the weirder, the better.

Pyro, I do have another sibling of this group, not in the same picture, which is vigorous and looks alsmost EXACTLY like an excellens, especially in shape. It is not as red as these. It may be hard to tell from this pic, but that one on the back right has strange pitchers that never open right. They look different from the opening on psitacina or Scarlet Belle, it almost looks like the pitchers are pinched on top. So Sarracenia, that one is definately weird!!
Alvin Meister and indymental, thanks for your comments also!

Back