What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SARRACENIA PHOTO THREAD

I didn't really have the time to take individual pictures... So here are a few wide shots of my sarra collection.... Go ahead bugweed, laugh.
smile_h_32.gif

P1010072.JPG

P1010073.JPG

Andrew

Well, Andrew, I looked for something to laugh at, but all I saw were healthy, happy plants. So there was nothing to laugh about. Sorry, bud. Maybe you can come up with something better.

Ohhh, I figured if anyone could notice the tops of quite a few plants chopped off it would be you. I was absent from the g/h a few days and my mother (the g/h is at her house) never checked it and some went try and the tops crispied up. I've trained her better now though
smile_n_32.gif
They're strong plants and are growing back very quickly. But thanks for humoring me :-D

Hi, this is a picture of my Darlingtonia.
Picture_172.sized.gif

WOW jack! this is my S. Flava var rugelli(which is the same as Typical right?) anyways the pitcher is almost a foot tall at the tip of the hood.
DSC01325.jpg

and this is the whole plant in my mini-bog. BTW there is also a much smaller of the same in there.
Glider, rugelii has a purple throat patch. Maxima is a variant that is all green. No patch, no rugelii.
DSC01322.jpg

Nothing like a beautiful stand of darlingtonia to make my day brighter. Thanks, Jack!!!

Thanks, this is a pic from last year the tallest pitcher was 20" tall. This year I had 25 blooms (and pollinated four of them). It seems the more blooms I have the shorter the pitchers, this year they seem to be shorter.

wow jack i wouldnt worry about anything with those beauties those are all awesome everyone keep em coming

here comes a ton of pics i took today. realized afterwards that there must've been a smudge on the lens or something. hope it's not too annoying, i didn't feel like taking them again.

alabamensisxoreophila.jpg

alabamensis x oreophila

areolata.jpg

never known for sure what this one is. always called it areolata, and if you see any of my own crosses with "areolata" as part of it, this was the plant that was used. flowers are pink, fyi.

areolataxflava.jpg

areolata x flava, 2 yr. old seedling. yes, the mother was the previous plant. if i remember correctly, the dad was a flava rugelli. interesting that it looks nearly like a flava ornata at this point, especially since i don't even have that variety.

areolataxleucoxoreo.jpg

areolata x (leucophylla x oreophila) - 3 yr. old seedlings. these are a couple of siblings, very slight differences between them. i like 'em a lot. can't wait till they get big. they're about 12" tall now.

areolataxpsittxswan.jpg

areolata x (psittacina x swaniana) - 3 yr. old seedling; and yes, another offspring of that areolata i mentioned earlier.

axminorxoxminor.jpg

(alata x minor) x (oreophila x minor)

citronellixflavaxpsitt.jpg

citronelli x (flava x psittacina) - 2 yr. old seedling. interesting shape and color, i think.

cobranest.jpg

'Cobra Nest'

excellensxformosa.jpg

excellens x formosa

extremeuxladies.jpg

extremeuxladies2.jpg

previous 2 are 2 yr. old seedlings of a cross i did: 'Extreme unction' x 'Ladies In Waiting'

flava00.jpg

flava

flavaxcatperhaps.jpg

unknown hybrid that i've always thought of as flava x catesbaei.

flavaxmitch.jpg

flava x mitchelliana. interestingly, the petals on this are pure white. i didn't snap a picture in time. will have to wait till next year.

flavaxwillisii.jpg

flava x willisii

junebug.jpg

'June Bug'

leucoxmoorei.jpg

leucophylla x moorei

leucoxoreoxminor.jpg

(leucophylla x oreophila) x minor - 2 yr. old seedlings

moorei.jpg

labelled as a moorei. could be, i guess.

mooreixflava.jpg

moorei x flava - 3 yr. old seedling. seed was courtesy of Brooks. Thanks again! Looks like it will develop into a nice speciman.

oreophilaxleuco.jpg

oreophila x leucophylla

oreoxcat.jpg

oreophila x catesbaei

oreoxflavaxleuco.jpg

(oreophila x flava) x leucophylla

oreoxminor.jpg

oreophila x minor

oreoxpsitt.jpg

oreophila x psittacina

oxpurpxleuco.jpg

(oreophila x purpurea) x leucophylla

rubricorpora.jpg

flava rubricorpora

rugelli.jpg

flava rugelli

ruffledflava.jpg

rugelli2.jpg

above 2 appear to be a flava rugelli, but i wonder if it's tainted. lid is a bit more ruffled than I usually see on flavas, and the lip is more squared off than what seems typical. who knows?

rxoxfandfcuprea.jpg

flava cuprea in the front, and towering over it is (rubra x oreophila) x flava.

rxoxpurp.jpg

(rubra x oreophila) x purpurea

i guess no one takes pictures anymore. oh well, i still am.

areolataxflava-1.jpg

some 2 year-old areolata x flava seedlings

areolataxleucoxoreo1.jpg

areolataxleucoxoreo2.jpg

areolataxleucoxoreo3.jpg

the preceding 3 pics are 3 year-old siblings from an areolata x (leuco x oreo) cross.

alataxflava.jpg

an unknown, i'm thinking either alata x flava or alata x popei.

catf2.jpg

catesbaei F2

excellensxreadii.jpg

excellens x readii

extremeuxliw.jpg

'Extreme Unction' x 'Ladies In Waiting' - 2 yr. old seedling

flavarubricorporaxpsittacina.jpg

flava rubricorpora x psittacina

georgiapeach.jpg

'Georgia Peach'

greenmoorei.jpg

moorei

lovebug.jpg

'Love Bug'

readiif2.jpg

readii F2

reddixie.jpg

'Red Dixie'

redminorhybrid.jpg

minor x
confused.gif

swaniana.jpg

swaniana

biggrin.gif
Great photos, I would take photos except my alta, is all tiny, my Flava is wiggin out! and I think Ive allready posted one of my S. purpurea and S. luceo.... so lol Keep it up I enjoy lookin at your photos!

Back