What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowers of saras

How many many flowers will a sarracenia have on each rhizome?
Thanks.

Depends on how many grow points there are.

If the plant has 5 plants, then there will be 5 flowers.

Not true E2! Some of those growing points will put out two, and once in a while 3! However, in one respect E2 is right. Mostly just one. However many flowers it will put up, is always the plants call. I have had a fairly small rhizome of rubra put up as many as 12 flowers off the one, and many more off a large ganet of s. flava var. rugelii. You WILL NEVER know for sure until they start growing.

both responses are correct (well of course, 2 very knowledgable growers and no i am NOT kissing up JBL, lol) anyways jsut as Bugweed sas it depends on what the plants wants, I have a HUGE hybrid with a rhizome the size of rhode Island which hasnt sent up any kind of bud yet, althought I had a plant last year with a rhizome the size of a dime-nickel that did, also as EST said growth points do play a huge role in the amount of flowers

Back