What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cep question

Hylla, my cep has lost, (miss), 2 leaves and 1 trap a small trap die too, but it have 4 new traps (still small, but growing), How i know if she is growing normal?, other question, The peat is always moist (is like wet but not wet... XD), but is not wet.... Should i water she?, how often? does not water if is wet, but i touch the peat and always touches wet, the fog maker makes all get wet!, Conditions:
10" away from light.
light: 2X20 yellow light, 2X13 2,700°, 2X9 6,500, from 12 to 16 hours, i cant put over the terrarium many time a 26wats 2,700°K, 1,750 lumens bulb, but i light it on sometime,
temp: 74°F,
humidity: 65% day, 82% night.
Im adding reflective material to the terraium, the aluminium paper, tin foil?, should be the sparkly side to the terraium?, or the less reflective looking?, i tink the very reflective, but better ask, =D, hey i was tinking in add 2X20 gro lux light, i har the are hight in red/blue color, so they are greeeat!, right?, what yall tink?

Always keep the soil slightly damp, but NOT standing in water. The light sounds good to me. The temp and humidity are just about right also.
dewy

If your ceph is still growing, it must be okay
smile.gif
I water my ceph once or twice a week and it still grows well, and I think it should get more water in Summer than Winter.

oh ok, thanks all, so she its fine, good!, im watering she more frequently, maybe once a week now, i try to kepp it wet hehehe.
smile_m_32.gif

Hi, I read that Cephs need relatively cooler temps at night. I live in Singapore, which is at the equator and hence we have 30*C days and about 27*C nights. To reduce the temp at night, I have taken to placing ice cubes of distilled water on the medium every other night for the ceph. Is this necessary, and more importantly, would this work? I don't leave the pot sitting in a tray and it has a well-draining mix as recommended by Savage Garden.

Back