What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pond dwellers?

Hi everyone.... I currently have 3 scarlet belles. I want to give one to my friend to put in his pond. BUT, here's my question:

Will putting the Sarr in a pond with fish kill the plant? I only ask because I know that fish water is very nutrient rich usually.... What do ya say folks?

Probably not a good idea. If the nutrients don't get it, the water habitat might. It might work, but I wouldn't put money on it.

What detriment could a water habitat cause to a Sarr.?
I was under the assumption and instruction that Sarr.s should be in consistently standing water??? If I have been misled, please let me know A.S.A.P. I have all my scarlet belles in standing water as we speak! RO water, nonetheless, but the soil is ALWAYS wet.

Thats fine, leave them as is. The problem with putting them in a pond is the pond water could have a lot of stuff in it thats bad for the Sarra. You need to test the water and see if it has a low PPM. Or you could buy a small Sarra and stick it in there to see how the water affects it.

In my experience with Sarra's in ponds, I've found that the water HAS to be right or you will kill the plant.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I was under the assumption and instruction that Sarr.s should be in consistently standing water??? If I have been misled, please let me know A.S.A.P. I have all my scarlet belles in standing water as we speak! RO water, nonetheless, but the soil is ALWAYS wet.

I though you meant putting the plant in barerooted!
smile_l_32.gif

Like Cop Car says, try it on a test subject first.

Cool... Happen to have 3 plants, so the smalest gets to play guinea pig!

Thanks~~ Corey

Back