What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos of Spring traps

Here are a few pics of our Sarrs.

Sarr%20bench%20view%203-23-06%20no.1.JPG

The lecuos are looking fantastic now.  Michelle will try to take a few more photos of them later.
Here is S. lecuophylla Franklin Cnty Fl "C"
S.%20leuco%20Franklin%20Cnty%20C%203-22-06.JPG

More pics to come later.
-
T & M

Sarr%20leuco%20bench%203-23-06%202.JPG

A partial view of "leuco world".

blues.gif

Very elegant and VERY well done Trent. Kudos.

Phil

sunny south Florida.
A cold front is moving thru this weekend and we will see night temps down to 52 F Friday night thru Sunday night. We expect this will spur more blooms and nice pitcher color.
Michelle took those shots mid-morning today, and will try again this afternoon.

Very nice Trent! It's good to see so many pitcher plants awake and ready for business
cool.gif

I live in east central Florida and mine are just beginning to send up pitchers. I took a couple shots of the first two flowers to open today. I posted them for all.

Yours look very well, Trent. You are doing a great job with them.

Temps down to 52 Friday night??!!!! Egads, I'll be lucky if it will reach 52 in the DAY this weekend, still below freezing at night here in NJ.
My Sarracenia are still COMPLETELY dormant.
Thank you for sharing the pictures!! Those leucos are FANTASTIC!!!!
Can't wait for Spring here.......

Sarr%20bench%203-24-06%20no.1.JPG

Another view of leuco world, with S. rubra flowers in front.

Thanks for your comments everyone.  Phil, your pics are inspirational.

It's hard to get a good composition in the forest of tubes.  It's impossible to capture what the eye sees in a photo, but Michelle does a pretty good job.

In the first pic we posted, can anyone find the Nepenthes pitcher?  It's an upper of N. 'Manny Herrera'.  [instead of "where's Waldo"... lets try "where's Manny"].  It may be easier to find if you have the link to blow up the photo size       Link to 1st pic

More pics coming soon.
-
T & M

Bob Wins!!!
(But we don't know what)
That Nep is from Manny's select seedling that has red-purple leaves when grown in full sun. It grows on the Sarr bench, complete with cold fronts and humidity drops.
The hybrid is khasiana x mirabilis.

Dang, that must be one strong Nep!

Any spare cuttings?
smile_n_32.gif
smile.gif

Every thing looks so... HAPPY!

It is a preaty tough nep but looks like it grows happy!
Is it out their all year or just summer (dont know Florida temps so)

Hi Again,
We're back with a few more pics.  
S. flava ornata
S.%20flava%20ornata%204-2-06.JPG

S. flava rubricorpora
S.%20flava%20red%20no.2%204-5-06.JPG

There's nothing like a red tube.

Another beautiful ornata
S.%20flava%20ornata%204-5-06%20biglid.JPG

Sarr%20bench%20flava%20world%204-2-06%20no.2.JPG

A view of flava world and beyond...

S.%20flava%20ornata%204-5-06.JPG

Another flava ornata

Here's a view of moorei world in flower mid March.  Later today we'll post an updated pic of the same plants with all the new traps.
S.%20moorei%20world%203-29-06.JPG

More pics on the way.
-
Trent and Michelle

Leaves are open here, and no Forbes! No digital camera exoerience is a DRAG!!!!!!! Trent, between you and Phil, the beauty and splendor of sarracenia truly comes out at its best! Thank you for the treats guys!!

So lucky i cant wait for my Sarr's to finaly pitcher... all i see is a tiny bit of growth... thats it.

Cheers

Yes, thanks a lot for sharing your pictues! Would have been a treat deep in to the growing season, but I barely even have a new pitcher open yet, so it's a real nice thing to see some flourishing plants right now!

Thanks Bugweed and everyone.  

Here is another interesting plant.  This is a dwarf purple leucophylla from Okaloosa County, FL a few miles east of Crestview.  The photo doesn't do the plant justice.  It has a distinctive grape purple venation and stands out from all of our other leucos. This plant came from a private collection and we were told that the stand of Sarracenia where it came from was mostly S. flava.  A special note that the S. flava were solid green, not slash throats.  Only a few leucos were scattered in the group and no S.rubra gulfensis to be seen anywhere.  Odd how color like this can crop up out of no where. The stand has since been destroyed.
S.%20leuco%20purple%20Okaloosa%203-11-06.JPG

Here is the S. moorei bench again, around three weeks after the pic above.
S.%20moorei%20bench%20view%204-9-06.JPG

Post pics soon Bugweed. We're waiting to see.

More to come.
Trent and Michelle

Back