What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora Photos

Here are some photos I took today:

H. pulchella (Chimanta) - I have in a very bright spot and pitchers are still green.  Has anyone been able to grow red pitchers as seen on wild plants?
56663f05.jpg

H. nutans
3ae80d60.jpg

H. minor
abdabef1.jpg

Cheers,
KPG

Very nice helis.

Here is a picture of my H. minor x heterodoxa that is red from growing them under bright lights:

hminorheterored.jpg

Beautiful plant, Dave. I'm afraid if I grow mine much brighter, I won't be able to keep Summer temps down... a disadvantage of natural light.
KPG

Hey, nice pictures!

Thanks, I am lucky that I can grow mine in my unheated basement which is naturally cool almost all year round. The lights raise the temperature enough so that I get a decent temperature drop at night.

how big is that H. pulchella? and where did you get it(pm me on that) oh and what conditions is it in?
alex

nice photos! Dave S. Nice I cant ever seem to get alot of red color into my helis even in the most bright spots in the greenhouse

I must say this particular kind of CP is cery awsome!

The pitchers look fantastic!
Every CP enthusiast should have one!
Cheers

Back