What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tannic Tea

Well the s. flava var. atropurpurea I have have been sitting in the same tub 2 years without a hint of red. tired of waiting, I mixed a batch of tannic tea (Rob Saciloto's recipe) and started watering. 3 weeks worth, in spite of our rain! They have leaves now at 18 inches and threatening to open any day now. I just went out to fawn over my babies, and I see the red tint of atropurp starting! Hopefully this year i will finally see my babies in full splendor! Pics will be forthcoming if they decide to go through with this color tinting! Tannic tea seems to work just fine!

What exactly is tannic tea, and what is it for?

-Ben

Ben, When you make a new thread to post a new post, there are 3 topics at the top of the page shaded in gray. These are pinned topics for people to read that contain pics or information for folks to read; pics to drool over, and articles of importance. One of the pinned topics is about sarracenia losing their red color. How to get that color back is a part of this topic that is pinned at the top of the page. Take a look.

Oh, ok. Got it.
smile_n_32.gif

-Ben

Back