What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boy, these plants are tough

I overwintered some Sarrs in my not very deep covered window-wells. The rest went to their vacation home in a friend's slightly heated garage for the winter.

Well, today, i was out poking around and discovered a plant I had forgotten about in the window well. It's still alive! It hasn't been watered since December! It has some little pitchers coming up. Dang! I apolgoised profusely to the mis-treated little devil, and gave it a nice drink.

I put it out with the rest of my pitcher plants. Do I need to slowly break it in to the land of the living, or is it OK to put it right out there with it's brethren? I'm pretty sure its a Tarnok that I got from JBL.

It should be fine been placed with its mates straight away
smile.gif

I'm not surprised that Tarnok survived for you. It is one of the toughest plants I have and rapidly grows when treated well--to the point of continually having to give it away. Treat it bad if you don't want it to take over your CP collection.
smile_n_32.gif

Thanks for the plant! Do you make them out of iron, or something?

i've found Sarracenia to be very tough, hardy plants. much more so then the general info you find on the web. i'm speaking mainly in regards to tolerances to temps and moisture levels. i've found they can tolerate colder temps and dryer soils than what you'll read about.

Back