What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

virus or fungus

I have an oreo x leuco that has been having diffuclty this year... There is white specks as if the green pigment has been removed also there are some browning sections of the leaf. I've checked it thouroghly for pest and have even spayed it with ortho but it still seems to struggle. I have one other sarra (psitt x leuco) slowly begining to show the same signs. Also one "Judith Hindle" that only sends up wide leaves with very small pitchers.
any ideas?

Pictures would be nice, and even then its hard to tell if its a visur or not. There are labs that will test for visures for a small fee. I don;t remember any off hand, and have only looked into it for orchids not CPs sorry.

Where are they being kept? What conditions are they in? Using rainwater?

using rain water. temps never fall below 60. humidity is high didn't check the numbers today but I know it's on the mark

How much and what type of light. Could the "white specks" just be white areas from the leucophylla parentage. Browning sound like low humidity or high salts in the media. A wide leaf with small pitchers sounds like insufficient light. More details please....

they're in a greenhouse so they get direct light most of the day and I'm using rain water

With the amount of leucophylla in those crosses, I'd expect the pitchers to develop white specks! The more sun, the more white you should see in fact!
The old pitchers will turn brown over time as well, but new pitchers sometimes develop white spots if they have eaten a lot. It's nothing to worry about in this case.

Okay, I have a simular problem. It almost seems like Powdery Mildew, all over, but not thick like on a rose. My tips are browning out and new growth is contorted. I use only distilled and rainwater.

Here is what it looks like, any any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

Did you get any proper pitchers this year? Those flat and contorted leaves are normally grown on most species at some point of the year, just for photosynthesis.

I still haven't gotten pitchers from my oreo x leuco...???
your leaves look fine not quite what I had going on. It's like something slowly eating my plant from the inside. It almost forms a pitcher (lid formed and I'm just waiting for the mouth to open) and then turns brown weithers and then a new one comes up.

Back