What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

These kits are great. Would be idea for my Heliamphora I have sitting outside especially since I think the warmed water is not a factor in their culture or is it???
This would be the only question about recycling water over the Darlingtonia.
While water has a cooling effect to what extent does recycling add to the warming of the water. The water I use even though outside is generally cool and tends not to heat up so much because it spends more time in shade than not. The Helaimprhora water is in constant sun. I do not recycle over the plant but use it to water other plants. If this recycling could be done tied into feeding a refrigeration system from which it could be pumped out then I would say go for it but my ignorance makes me cautious!!???

TM, One of the easier ways to deal with this is to add a gallon jug of ice to the water during the day. It works to keep water cool when in intense heat. I usually use 2 during the summers up here, and it has worked wonders for darlingtonia, and my heliamphora minor went nuts.

Back