What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a quck question....

I just bought a Sarracenia at Home Depot today, cause I'm softhearted, and have wanted one for a looong time now.  The container it came in was labeled Sarracenia Purpurea, but it's not...even close.   I think it's a flav, with a hybrid cross, but I can't find a picture close enough.  Here:

Picture.jpg

So anyway, what do you guys think it is?  This is my first Sar, so, I really don't know other than basing it on other pics.

Anyway, the real question:  When I got it, it was in long fibered sphagnum, but it was drier than bones.  I brought it home quickly and got it into a decent sized 4 inch pot ( it was 2 plants in a 2 inch pot) and put it in my terrarium.  Now, I don't know if I should grow it outside.  After advice in another topic, I recently moved my VFT's outside.  I live in Seattle, will this particular Sar survive outside?  If so, how so should I pot it? And will the wilted pitchers (about 10 total) recover from the damage done by the dry media?

I know you can't tell very well, but the pitchers are pretty dry and wilty.

Outside and wet. Post pics when you get new leaves. As for anything else, only time will tell.

Do you think it is a flava hybrid? I just put them outside with my VFT's and looked at your place, Buggy. I figured that's what I would have to do to them, but I just wanted to get them wet as soon as possible. Do they look purperea or flava?

looks like a S rubra or S minor hybrid to me

I'm seeing the fenestrations and contours of some leucophylla.

BTW, welcome to TF!

Back