What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still dormant?

Hi,

I've a bunch of Sars growing outdoors on the pot/tray system with circulating water. They get intense noon to afternoon sun each day. All my S. alatas, S. flavas, S. purps, and S. "judith hindles" have been growing pitchers since April. However, both of my leucos and rubra rhizomes are still putting out needle-thin pitchers that resemble phyllodia. It's already late June here in Houston, TX. Does anyone know if they can still be dormant and what I can do to get them to wake up? Higher humidity? Thanks.

Johnny

Rubra usually grows poor pitchers during the first part of summer. Leucos sometimes sulk if they have been disturbed during the previous 12 months.

My Ctenium Fields Leuco's just woke up to grow. They were just repotted. They are mad for being disturbed. I had to bribe them with smuggled in flies and extra pure water. Spoiled brats!!!

^hahahahah alright, thanks guys. I'll just keep on waiting.

Back