What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early July pics

S. X excellens
783f74ba.jpg

S. 'White Sparkler'
c4987284.jpg

S. 'Leah Wilkerson'
b46a53a8.jpg

S. rosea
d3ed51f4.jpg

P. 'John Rizzi' in flower
02e89f2c.jpg

D. paradoxa
06ffbe39.jpg

smile_k_ani_32.gif
Leah.... :drool:
laugh.gif
Very nice!

Yeah, what he said!

Very nice, I am still trying to get some of those beauties. LOL, I'm just so easily sidetracked that I never get around to adding to my collection anymore.
smile_h_32.gif

is S. rosea officially a species or is it in progress like N. 'Viking' was(which is now known as N. Globosa BTW). or is it that some people just say its a species and others a form of S. purperea? ive seen the flowers(and man are they georgeous) and they look like no other Sarr flower. beautiful plants and georgeous 'Leah'
Alex

There is still a whole debate on it. According to the USDA though, its a species. But they also have S. purpurea ssp. purpurea as ssp. gibbosa and venosa as ssp purpurea. I still say they should have come up with a better name for N. globosa, something with a viking ring to it like N. drakkar

Great!

I wish they'd hurry up sorting out Leah Wilkerson in tissue culture
smile_l_32.gif

Amen to that! The sooner the better. I'm always happy to see some nice cultivars enter TC.

Wow! I am a sucker for S "excellens", although I only have one. Beautiful!! Mine is an S. leuco "red" x minor "Okee Giant" but it is not as red as the one you pictured. Beautiful plant!!

Thanks Woodnative, that S. X excellens is a cross I made myself from my most red leuco and a very red minor. I think it turned out nicely

Back