What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy 4th of july

Well early happy 4th of july. It just so happens my summer cp video is up for viewing. So here it is. hope you enjoy it. No plants are dorment like the last one exept well.... auriculata kinda. take a look.

<table border="0" bgcolor="ffffff" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td><embed src="http://streaming5.vidilife.com/vidilife/video/2006/4/4/487513/857292.wmv" AutoStart=1 ShowStatusBar=1 volume=-1 HEIGHT=339 WIDTH=361></embed>
reloc.cfm
</td></tr><tr><td align="right">Free video hosting, video codes at www.vidiLife.com[/QUOTE]

coooool film!

Lots of plants tha tneed some trimmin up! lol
smile_n_32.gif

You Had the first few parts Repeat over a little bit.

I love Senstitive plant (cant rember the Name of it allready) Let us know if you get some seeds and put them up for trade!
smile_m_32.gif

Cheers!

Lots of fun! I've been considering making some videos myself, so we might see some in the future. Thanks for showing us around your plants! It's always nice to hear about people's collections straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Thanks again!

You Go Carnivorkid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was Great.

Your Friend JIm

Great video! Like Est said, it's always cool to get a tour by the owner themselves.

I loved the sensitive plants, they were soo cool. I was also quite fond of your oreophila x catsbei. BIG plant!

Yes i personally love the oreophila x catesbie. It is just this fig fat huge pitchers. Anyone want some sensitive plant seeds or plants. Matter of fact i can start a whole bunch of seedlings for everyone who wants one. I might have some plants to trade.

Hey jim you see the ampularia and the pings and all you gave me. And that unknown nep
smile_n_32.gif

Great film CK! Only things I would change is that you show your D. auriculata twice (yes I know I'd be proud of it too) and of course you pronounce everything wrong
smile_m_32.gif
Anyway your Amorphophallus are looking great. I also like the S. catesbei x oreophila. LMK if you ever have a division of that one. Keep up the good work!

Peter

Those are great fun
smile.gif
You picking on me about that Drosera auriculata? Putting it in there twice... Not nice! Even "Oh, look here, ripe seed pods..." lol Your plants look good!.. so, great job growing and videoing! Thanks for the "video update"
smile_n_32.gif

Andrew

What a great way to actually see and hear the person giving a tour of their collection....I'd like to do that but it'd be like a 15 minute or better movie! lol

yep NG and Jerimiah need to give nice video tours of their best specimines. Nice plants CK! i love the oreo x x catsabi!! very neat looking!
Alex

Yes i will have to keep the catesbi x oreophila in mind when i get some divisions. Currently it is a 3 large points on the rhizome.

As far as pronunciation goes  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Thats why some were left unsaid and i had a pop up name on it. Lol

the duplication of the auriculata was not on purpose i noticed it when i was saving the video. Then i tried to take one out and all my titles slid down so i was like well lets leave it.

and it was late too (1 oclock in the morning)

not only that. lol actually it would take 30 minutes to fix that.

dude, you rock so much in my book right now
smile_n_32.gif
  I think I talked to you for a bit when I was also going to college/living in Philly, but I had to settle for growing plants indoors in an apartment.  Bringing them all the way down to TX gave them quite the shock.

As for mimosa, they're CRAZY weeds down here in Houston, TX...on lawns, cracks, near bayous, in parking lots, my kitchen cupboard (jk...), but people here don't seem to notice them.  I'll have to study up on them to see if/when they produce seed and then if anyone wants any, let me know.  They're like dandelions up in the east coast.

Johnny

I'll just add to everyone's compliments on the video and on the plants! Great job!
Amorphophallus titanum eh? That should be fantastic (although stinky) if/when it blossoms!
I shall add that I am also a native Philly-boy, although I now live in NJ.
Thanks for sharing!

hmm you live in jersey my grandparents live in jersey. Oh and the mimosa that you get is prolly just the mimosa tree. They are related and they grow here also in curbs but they only fold up at night unlike these close when you touch them. Maybe there is sensitive plants there, i dont live there so couldnt tell you.

Yeah thats a titanum.
smile_n_32.gif
No one really had them bloom in there home yet. They say they are really hard to grow but i had mine 2 years from when it was a seedling.

Back