What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

leucophilia question

Hi guys,

I'm hoping somebody could help my poor sarracenia. I bought this white trumpet sarracenia leucophili (sp?) a few years ago, and it grows nice and tall, but the pitchers are dinky small. the plan almost looks like grass because it's so thin. I give it plenty of sun, distilled water, and it grows in spagnum peat moss. I have other sarracenia that are all doing great, but this guy just keeps growing out these tall, but really really tiny pitchers. I can't figure out what's wrong. Any thoughts?

thanks.

Jerry

its fine nothing is wrong. during early summer S. leucophylla can put up non-carnivorous leaves called phyllodia. later on you will get the nice pitchers.
Alex

but it's been like that for two years. is that normal to have several years of dinky leaves?

What is your soil base, and water type you use on them???? My Ctenium Fields leucophylla don't grow a thing until summer. At least for the last two years. Soil base, please! And water type!

Mine have the same issue.

I have one that has been growing in a patio bog for 3 years with s. wrigleyana and s. purpurea. The latter two speices are gigantic and extremely robust, but the s. flava looks more like a grass, with spindley (sp?) growth that tend to start out normal enough, but then turn all dry looking by the time they're a 10+/- inches tall.

The first thing that comes to my mind is a light issue, but that can't be right because you state your other plants are thriving. Do you have a pic of this plant?

-Ben

keep them very wet, also like most plants the bigger the pot there in the bigger the plants can grow.

Back