What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus

Here is a photo tour of my 3-year experiment with Cephalotus seed.
In July 2003, I let my Cephalotus plant flower
Cephalotus_flower137.JPG

By the end of October, I harvested seeds from the dried flower scape.
Cephalotus_seed879.JPG

I placed the seeds on a moist paper towel and put it in the refrigerator for 3 months. On 30 January 2004, I sowed the seeds on the surface of a peat and perlite mix. By 29 March, the seed had started to germinate.
Cephalotus_seedling1321.JPG

and by 25 May 2004, the first traps had appeared
Cephalotus_seedling1890.JPG

Below are the small seedlings on 23 September 2004
Cephalotus_seedling2660.JPG

and again, in the same position, on 4 August 2006.
Cephalotus_seedling4820.JPG

That rocks, I can't wait to get my ceph.

Thanks for the sweet photo journey Bob! Cephs are definitely slow growers, but it's so cool to see their progress thorughout the three years.

Oh, and Copcar, the Ceph you're getting isn't as small as those. In fact, it's much bigger
smile_n_32.gif

Very cool! I always love seeing things like this- it seems like there's a general view out there that growing plants from seed it "not worth it." Bullox!

Nice, good job !

Oh~~3-years is not short period of time, but that young Cephalotus in photo is really not large.

Need wait a long long period of time.

Those are some sweet picks BobZ ! I just noticed my first spout the other day. Maybe my grandson will admire them as much as I do when he gets to be a teen, jeeesh they are slow. I hope the years from 3-6 are a little more productive...

Back