What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of Cephs!

Below are pics of 2 of my cephs.
Here is the type variety. The pitchers seem very light colored and almost white. Do you think this is normal? Lack of food?

img0079zf7.jpg

Here is Hummer's Giant and it seems to be well colored.

cephhummersgiantga0.jpg

They are both in a terrarium under 2 40watt fl. about 3 inches under the tubes. I've been thinking of spraying the pitchers with dilute fertilizer.
Thoughts?
confused.gif

Peter.

I don't know about the light coloring but I spray my ceph with diluted orchid fertilizer about every three weeks. I just take the directions from the fertilizer and make 1/2 or 1/4 strength and spray the foliage. Give that a try.
-Nick

The top one is fairly green - it's just the one pitcher which is really white. The translucent lids are normal for a younger plant.
The white pitcher is probably just dying off or was covered by another pitcher at one point. If I lift up a pitcher on mine, where it has been been hidden by another there is a large white patch.

Back