What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. Flava

glider14

Always a newbie
ok so its the end of summer... and i have yet to see even one phyllodia... whats wrong?
Alex

Nothing is, thats just an early sign the plant is dectecting a change in photoperiod.

no...i havent seen any. i think you thought i said i see them.

Don't worry about it. No biggie. Mine havn't started either, last time I looked.

I had a S. flava that had phyllodia since the start of july and I have one that hasn't started yet so don't get wooried and enjoy the pitchers you have.
smile.gif
Jack

It's nothing to worry about.

People usually want pitchers not phyllodia, so if your plant is still pitchering, be grateful!

yea...but the pitchers went from over 9 inches...to a measly 2in within one pitcher!! its making tons of divisions though..... and with these 2in pitchers it letting the big ones stand out which are dying from the top down slowly.
Alex

S. flava produces its largest pitchers at the begining of the season... your plant is fine

Back