What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia purpurea

Here a few pics of my Sarracenia purpurea in a bog next to my 300 gal pond. we live 500 miles north of Vancouver BC, I've had it for 3 seasons and it survived -30c and the long winters we have, I cover it with a burlap sack in the winter.
249290288_8ab50ec747_b.jpg

249290286_9a87a6ae5c_b.jpg

Is it just me or do those plants look light deprived?

Are you familiar with this?

OCPS

alright... if thats in full sun. then you have Purpurea ssp purpurea var heterophylla (did i do that right?) what color were the flower petals?
Alex

I can see some red on the lip of the pitcher facing us, at the back. But the flowers look like they were yellow
confused.gif

Thats not S. purpurea spp. purpurea f. heterophylla, yhou can see some red venation in the pitcher hoods and necks. It does need a tad more sunlight though, not much, maybe a 2-3 hours increase.

Well sorry it gets sun from morning till dusk, I dont think I can get more then 16 hours of sun that it gets allready

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alexis @ Sep. 22 2006,9:08)]I can see some red on the lip of the pitcher facing us, at the back. But the flowers look like they were yellow
confused.gif
but couldnt that also be sun burn...not likely but possible?
Alex

It looks like the type of purpurea that do have veination. It's visible on the one at the far left too. 500 miles north of Vancouver is a little far up there. Perhaps the sunlight isn't strong enough?

You guys don't have a clue about the weather in Canada, we have about 4 months of 25c and above weather, 30c to 35c for about 3 weeks, we are in zone 4 to 5 for plants. NOT ENOUGH SUNLIGHT HA HA!!!!

Back