What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

purp flowering now?!

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
I recently picked up a purp at lowes that looked like it needed some love. Well, a little while later it is doing much better and is actually putting up a flower stalk now and looks like it will flower within the week.

My question is this: Are plants picked up at lowes or HD or similar stores messed up on seasons and dormancy? I assume that as I prepare this purp for dormancy it will take the signals and go dormant, but the weather here has been extremely hot recently.

Should I chop this flower off before it gets much further? I would like to see the flower but will probably see it again when it is actually about time for it to flower.

Thanks for you help.

xvart.

edit: fixed a couple typos

yes chop it... its pulling a VFT trick. where you get it and it flowers as a last resort then dies. if it does good this winter then you will get one in the spring.
Alex

Back