What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My baby cephs

Well just wanted to show you a picture of my two seedling cephalotus. they are about 2 months old.

IMG_5537.jpg

IMG_5538.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg

Good job. Nice looking seedlings! I've tried several different times to grow them from seed and the only thing I got to grow were moss, algae, and fungus.
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Oct. 20 2006,8:38)]Good job. Nice looking seedlings!  I've tried several different times to grow them from seed and the only thing I got to grow were moss, algae, and fungus.
confused.gif
LOL! But I'm sure they're all healthy & happy moss, algae, and fungus!
smile_l_32.gif

Seriously, I think that sprouting the winter leaves is the best way to go with this species. Same with VFT's, D. filiformis, and D. binata.

well i got the seed in may and stratified the seed for 2 months and then waited at least a month until they sprouted. The first month they remained as the basic leaves(whatever they call them) then just like a week ago they shot out these little pitchers and i mean little. There pinpoint sized. hopefully all goes well and they grow to large plants someday and see what they come out to be like. Happened to see these pop up from the icps and jumped on it and sent it out that day of noticing them on the list.
smile_n_32.gif
Ill keep it updated

Back