What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora x Tequila

• Thread starter Dave S.
  • Start date

Dave S.

NECPS President
Here are some pictures I took today of H. x Tequila:

h.tequila.jpg

h.xtequila3.jpg

Wonderful! Awsome!

I always love heliamphora pics, and yours are no different.

Very nice! I look forward to seeing something similar when I put mine outside for increased light levels. Thanks for sharing.
smile.gif

Very nice! It makes me miss my H. 'Tequila'. It died on me this past summer due to neglect on my part.

*hits self in head*

Can this plant grow right through summer??

Thanks for the comments. I grow this one indoors, completely under lights in my basement.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cindy @ Nov. 06 2006,8:53)]Can this plant grow right through summer??
Yes, it put those pitchers out during the hottest summer months for me. It is my fastest growing heli by far. I am going to try to grow one year-round in lowland conditions to see how it does.

I gotta strong feeling this one won the "best of" in the Sun Pitcher category at the 2006 NECPS show. I know it's my favorite!!

Nice coloration, Dave.

Are you growing it under your LED lights? Photoperiod?

Ken

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chloroplast @ Nov. 07 2006,7:20)]Are you growing it under your LED lights?  Photoperiod?
Thanks.

Yes, LED lights mostly, but there is also a Flourex 65W compact security light in the general area as a supplement. The photoperiod is 15 hours.

Thanks, Dave. See you at the NECPS meeting on Sat.

dave- what medium are you growing it in?

Hey Dave, that looks great! I can't wait to get a setup going one day for those highland Neps and Helis. For those who don't know or didn't attend the last NECPS meeting, Dave sweeped the Heliamphora category at the show...third, second and first prizes!

I would like to be the first to call Dave the NECPS "Heli master"

Back