What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

...mold

glider14

Always a newbie
well this sucks. all the sarr seeds that i got (most location specific from Brooks Garcia) went moldy in the fridge for stratification. i salvaged what i could and dusted them with cinnamon and am now storing them dry until february so i can sow them outside. will that work? and are the seeds still viable?
Alex

I can't tell you if they're viable or not, but I would suggest outdoor stratification in the future. Sarracenia seeds take at least two or three years to produce adult plants, so why bother with the complications of fridge stratification? You'll only germinate seeds a few months earlier that way - really a drop in the bucket of the lifetime of the plant.
~Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seedjar @ Dec. 21 2006,1:15)]...so why bother with the complications of fridge stratification? You'll only germinate seeds a few months earlier that way - really a drop in the bucket of the lifetime of the plant.
~Joe
Because in places like Colorado, that couple of months can make the difference between the plant getting a good start in spring (sometime around May) before winter sets in and the light levels drop or just getting started when winter sets in.

Back