What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could someone do a Heliamphora overview?

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
I did a search for it on the site and found just two topics on Heli's. I did a combined search for Heli,Heliamphora and then once with just Heliamphora. Only came up with two topics. So if I missed them please forgive me. I just think it would be nice to have an overview topic on these guys.

Thanks

just got my first 2 today! both hybrids. wish me luck guys!

If only there was a lowland Heliamphora!  
cry.gif

..and N. hamata.  
rock.gif

JR I am attempting this guy. You may be surprised. I grow some lowlands and highlands in the same GH. So far everything is growing fine. Some faster than others. So I guess you could call my GH intermediate, but the temps swing from 55 to 85 right now. Heck even my extreme lowland bicalcarata is still growing fine right next to ramispina. The so called fussy bical that is not suposed to like the cold is putting out a new pitcher. So not everything is always as they seem. I would suspect if things made it through the aclimation process you could slowly change the variables on it and it would still grow. Keep in mind that is speculation on my part though.

I believe plants originating from "Gran Sabana" can take higher temps.

Back