Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I am a bad CP owner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for telling me that. If you didnt i may of tooken those out and thrown them away! Would it be okay if I left the non CPs in there? Will they harm the plants? Or could I remove them later?

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your "non-CPs" may just be phyllodia. Examine the plants carefully in the daylight. If they are coming up from the same place as the dried out pitcher leaves then most likely they are phyllodia. Each species produces different looking phyllodia so they may not look exactly as the photos above.

If they are phyllodia then your plants are probably dormant and still alive

They will not harm the plants, but don't remove them until they turn brown naturally. They are necessary to keep your plants alive in the winter.

Read the Sarracenia chapter in "The Savage Garden". Peter D'Amato talks about phyllodia there.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the parrot pitcher plant ,s psittacina, do anything like that for winter? I also had those in the bogs. I know its been said to keep the soil damp but how much water should I give each bog a week?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234