What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SUCCESS!!

oh, well how long did it take for them to sprout?
hope they grow well for you.....still waitin for mine from the previous year to sprout.

it took maby 2-3 weeks...i forgot when sowed them :crap:
Alex

new update! well....sorta. the Flava var ornata is actually...... AN AUTROPURPUREA!! i was so amazingly excited that i now have both of the red forms of Flava. i now also have about 5 more mixed hybrid seedlings. the biggest one already has its cotelydons out and its first pitcher is but a tiny speck in between the 2 leaves :)

Good growing glider. I planted some seeds from my Minor and from Bucky's Leah wilkerson F2 and I got one minor ro sprout and then it died and the others did not germinate. ARG I was mad!! I am hoping they are just playing possim until spring, but if not oh well. I will try again. I still have some nepenthes seeds that do not seem to want to germinate. I just have No luck with anything but sundews and one batch of pings. I am glad some folks can do it. :-(

Sorry to break it to you buddy, but the colouration of seedlings has nothing to do with the variety or how it will will look when mature. It's not uncommon to find flava var. maxima seedlings coloured completely red only to revert to their final green colour a year later.

I had S. purpurea seedlings one year, be a very nice red out in full sun as immature plants, when they matured they were green with red veins, so I second Alexis's comment.

thanks guys. i can barely see the first pitcher on the rubricorpora. so in maby a week ill be able to see what it looks like :) the first pitcher is coming from one of the hybrids. its a very dark color but like Alexis and Dustin said it may be a whole different color. ill just have to see. how long could it take to be able to ID the unidentified hybrids? .
Alex

Can you take more pics?

heres your update Ant.
one of the mixed hybrids. furthest developed so far.
IMG_0530.jpg

Rubricorpora
IMG_0531.jpg

2 of the most developed of the above.
IMG_0532.jpg

enjoy!
Alex

EDIT: should i be worried about the black on the cotelydon of the 3rd picture?

Last edited:
Probably not. There's a true leaf growing, so the cotyledons have served their purpose. If it was gray and fuzzy I'd suspect "damping off" but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Back