What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a first time sarr growers worst nightmare

It could be worse. You could have gotten a mealy bug infestation which can infest the rhizomes, in which case sometimes the only option is to toss the plant.

It might be better to remove the aphids on your VFTs by hand or use an insecticide. They don't like being waterlogged but may tolerate the dunking.

well ive already submerged them, im takeing them out tommorrow it will be two days, so hopefully all the bugs will be dead.

For leftovers and small scale projects, alcohol and a q-tip gets the job done pretty well. However, some things you just don't wanna futz with and you should just go to a pesticide (eg mealybug.)

ok, thanks for the tip, i dont mind futz as you call it so i might go the q-tip way.

i read about someone who grew a vft aquatic style for 6 months. If it can handle complete submersion for 6 months, a few days wont have any detrimental effects

well, i did it for two day, but there where still some on there, i picked off all i could find and now im watching them closely.

Back