What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am heartbroken!!!!

• Thread starter Bugweed
  • Start date
No woe. I still am laughing about it! How assinine was that? LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

Alex you need to look at that fooker and tell him how is it creepy. (Since you go to a catholic school and they believe that god created all things) You should look at him and say well god created this plant not me. He ment for it to consume bugs so is God creepy too? Then ask him if God has a morbid fascination with killing bugs with plants? Since you know he supposedly made them.

See what that "religous" student says about that.

Bug that is just hilarious! I have yet to have someone call me creepy or anything like that. Maybe it is because I am just an intimidating person in person sometimes. Yet I have turned on a few people to them. My Bio 2 teacher has an outdoor bog with a few plants in them, but I have since expanded her collection with some dews and utrics. I just brought some to her yesterday as a matter of fact.

ROFLMAO ! Ohhhh, whoooo, ahhh. Ok, I can type again. Bug don't say things like that. Your scaring me !! It's funny how the freaks of nature and weirdos have more of a grasp on reality than a "environmentaly conscious person".

Then again it makes sense you know to be free from the guilt and shame of murdering one of the creatures that has evolved in such a unique and special way in this great big universe. FREE the fleas ! UP with the Plague ! Stop MURDERING Mosquitos ! Malaria and encephalitis only pick on the naturally weak !

Sorry Bug but it sounds like there was a reason it had been some many years in between contact with your buddy. Just tell me that he has no political influence.

No woe? Then why is your post titled "I am heartbroken"?

I get the feeling that he would have reacted negatively if you had said you were a accomplished rose breeder as well (ain't natural for a man to grow and like roses I sometimes am told) so you cant win. Or he might agree with it, as they are not threatening. Humm... grow ones with thorns to puncture tractor tires, like me :)

Try not to feel bad its not you with the problem. I often have to tell myself that many times but I still feel bad.

I’m sorry to hear of your woes

You know this is interesting because most of us here are men and a good portion of orchid growers are men. Hey even the guy who owns the orchid nursery up the road from me is a man.

Lol, i've never had anyone not think they were cool :)

Many associate roses with femininity, and not orchids

Finch, Heartbroken is what I would have been if this guy made any sense at all. Instead, I HAD to get off the phone so I could laugh my brains out. I never heard this drivel before, and it flat tickled my funny bone. The title was more to attract and welcome comment on this forum. AND IT WORKED!!! I got your attention, didn't I???

Roses are sexy, lol.

I like flowers. I've always got vases of flowers all over the house in the spring and summer lol. If that makes me a pansy (pun intended lol) then so be it :)

If killer plants makes me deranged, then that's fine :-D

Too bad CP's don't command the same respect as orchids, cacti, roses, etc.... My wife describes the hobby as morbid and a bit of an obsession. Co-workers from the lab in which I worked either thought it was eccentricity or showed mild interest. Gave starter plants to ~10 of them. I'm not in it for the carnivorosity. I just like anything science and math and off the beaten path.

Are we talking about the same God that gave men nipples? I mean, that's definitely a creepy supreme being...

I snuck a pot with 'Judith Hindle' 'Tarnok' and 'Dana's Delight' outside my mom's garage, and everyone who comes to her house can't get over how beautiful the plants are. Then when they find out what the pitchers are for, they're even more interested. I guess it just depends on the type of person. Every person on this forum is probably off their rocker in one way or another, but you'll never talk to a better bunch of people, right? I mean, the first time I posted here, Mr. Bugweed knocked some sense into me, and saved my entire CP collection. Now all they have to worry about is neighborhood kids. Good growing, all!

Does he disapprove of people owning dogs and cats as well? They weren't vegetarian last time I looked.

Lol, I wonder why men do have nipples? If I ever started lactating i'd probably kill myself right there lol

I think everyone starts off as a woman then either stays the same or changes. Or something like that.

This conversation about male nipples and their uses shows we are a little crazy lol

Wha!!! Bug Z with a loose screw, That is too funny.
I think I fond it the other day. I picked it up out of the parking lot so it didn't give someone a flat tire.

I'd still be laughing too.
I once had a person actually physically withdraw her body away from the plants when I showed her my plants and told her they eat insects. She hates bugs. Her loss Hahaha

I have no idea as to why we have nipples, but same here, If I am to ever find myself lactating please kill me.

otherwise, i also sometimes get the old, "it won't kill my cat will it?" or " am I gonna have to fence it off so the animals in my yard are safe?"
I basically live in the town filled with either rich snobby people, old nice people, backwoods people (like myself somwhat), and then there are the city people.
and unfortunately only the old people are ever interested.

Lol, backwooks people in Tallahassee? You learn something new everyday!

My grandmother LOVED sarracenia. She thought they were orchids at first lol. We had them at her funeral.

What a fool, does he realize the biomass of Earth's insects... There are approx 10^18 insects on Earth, thats 12 times the amount of humans! 1 pair of flys mating per year can make around 191 billion billion offspring.

GROW UP!

Bug, fer your birthday, I'm gettin' you a screwdriver so you can put in that loose screw when you find it. Remember, marbles go in, then screw to shut.

Some people are a little :crazy: Alex, I'm not sure if I'd want to set that kid straight, or mess with him really bad.

:points to pictures of VFT trap: Soul goes here. :0o:
:-D

I WOULD hate to sic my VFT's on this chap! It would be horrible to have this guys face eaten off! Might not change his mind then. Est, Lois found the screw. I will have it sent back snail mail, and replace it, with its marbles, back where it belongs. Ben, I appreciate you pointing out my lost marbles. I never knew!

Lol, I just realized that the best part of these plants is they don't poop lol

Yeh!! But some of them can throw up on you.
Like nepenthes.

Back