What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HERE THEY COME!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to put these here instead of the Sarracenia 2007 photo thread since this one is about flowers.

S. flava flower (ignore the palm trees in the background ;) ):

04360016.jpg

04360017.jpg

04360018.jpg

I thought that I would post a few pics of my new bogs that I built and finally the plants are waking up now! I built four bogs and had to build a make-shift greenhouse 'cause the plants started waking up and with the way spring is in TN, warm w/temps in the 70s for a week and then a cold snap with highs in the 40s the next, I didn't want to delay their waking up. I have been accused of being a little impatient! I will post more pics once the pitchers on all of the plants are open and looking good.

Pic of the Front 2 bogs with pitchers and flowers coming up.
DSCN1142.jpg

Pic of the back 2 bogs.
DSCN1141.jpg

Pic of one of the first flowers to open for me this year, S. Flava Unknown Hybrid
DSCN1149.jpg

And a pic of the first pitcher to open for me, S. Oreophila Sand Mtn, not very veined though? Maybe it will color up eventually?
DSCN1150.jpg

AWESOME photos! I'm droolin'!

Tom

Wow, soo many flowers...:0o: well, i have 4 Rubra jonesii buds, a flava hybrid bud, and a Minor bud. :)

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like the pics. There are several flowers, but I'm not going to take the time to count them all!!!

Nice ones Joel!

The Darlingtonia flower is especially nice.

Oh, just wanted to post a pic of the weather today!
DSCN1155.jpg

I hate it! But that is what I was talking about, spring in TN. Luckily I have a couple of heaters in the "greenhouse" so the plants will be fine.

First pitchers opened here in my collection in the UK yesterday. Hopefully, this will be a better growing season than last year with the really continuous cold spring we had last year.

Yay, all of my VFT's are starting to produce more leafs and traps! My 'ladies in waiting' is sending up a flower stock also! :) (They can self seed, right?)

Yep, if you do it yourself.

Bear in mind that self pollinating is in effect in-breeding, so while you can end up with some healthy plants, there's the possibility you'll end up with some weak ones or weakness will come out in subsequent generations.

Heh, I've only got one, S. purpurea ssp. purpurea. When I got this plant last year at the same time of this month, it was four years old seed grown and had a lil flower bud on it. But, it shriveled and stopped growing. But, thankfully this year it has made another one and I guess it likes how I grow it. :banana2:

This is also my first Sarracenia flower, and I'm planning on crossing it with a wild purp.

-Ben

My first Sarr flower! Not sure variety:

Sarrflower04.jpg
[/IMG]

Sarrflower03.jpg

Just thought I'd post a few of my sarr flowers.

sarr_flowers.jpg

Back