What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HERE THEY COME!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, that's it :banana2:

Flowers!! leaves. Egads. I will not even thing about any new growth on my Sarrs for another 2 months.....

If I sit very quietly I can just about hear my Sarracenias snoring.

Lol, I can't see my babies for like a week or two :(

They are up in the mountains :( Away from their daddy :(

Lol, last time I went the Dionaea rhizomes were up above the dirt, I guess the rain or lake washed the clay goop away lol. I hope they didn't freeze too bad.

Is that a blob of chewing gum or is my S. flava flowering too?

Holy Crow!! I am showing 40 buds so far.

You guy's are all lucky. No flowers yet, the temps are getting warmer though. My pot of VFT''s still hasn't woken up. It's depressing, looking at a pot full of brown traps. As soon as spring hit's I'm gonna work on my bog garden. What kind of CP grower isn't excited about spring?

No Flowers yet here in Oregon. :alien:

- Jeff

I just got 2 large S. Leucos 'zomes, put them in the fridge for now. My VFTS are out and waking up in a south window!!!!

Tom

yay!!!!
I just saw that my huge pot of S. leucos are gonna send up two flowers so far. I hope that more buds show in the next two weeks or so.

Counted 57 tonight. Don't count the ones who haven't cleared the rhizome yet. So that means more coming up tomorrow.

Crikey! It has yet to really be consistantly warm here. We've been getting a lot of our rain (it's late, so it's welcomed) so it'd been cold and dark. But I've seen at least 1 flower starting to pop up. Soon enough I hope to see plenty more.

So, Bug, what's your goal for flower numbers this year?

I have NO goal. The plants will give whatever they give. So, that means no control. Its up to the plant.

The only flowers so far for me are on my S. purpurea. I repotted my entire Sarracenia collection this past week (well, most of it anyway.. I still have about a dozen or so pots left) so I will clip all the flowers this year.

S. flava - two more buds - total 3
Both S. leucophylla - 1 bud each
S. 'Dana's Delight' - still 1 bud

Six buds so far.

These are all freshly potted divisions. Should I clip the flowers?

I've never had any problems with newly potted plants and flowers. I always cut the flowers and vase them because I don't care about seed. Sure the S. flava (my FAVORITE sarracenia by the way) stinks but it's pretty!

Well, 110 as of ten minutes ago. Still haven't heard from over half of them.

First flowers for the season are making their way upward! SOO EARLY!! I love California for that fact alone, the extra long growing season. Anyone else, yet?
Interesting Buggy. I live only about 300 miles north of you and as of today, none of my Sarracenia are showing any flower buds -- although all now have active root elongation. Probably our temps in the mid-20F a few weeks ago set things back. Within a week or so, flower buds will start.

A few of the Dionaea are starting to put up flower buds and the Mexican Pings have continued flowering like crazy.

Hmm... I'll be lucky to see anything for at least 2 months. Mine are beneath a fresh blanket of snow in 17*F w/33mph wind so it feels like -2.8* BURRRRRRRRRRR You can see some of my winter pics in General Disc.

Aha! I have my first open flower - gotta love a GH in New York.

Unfortunately, you gotta HATE an aphid attack. Little devils caused some wilt before I found 'em. I killed 'em ALL (at least I hope so) - but I don't know if that particular flower will rebound to it's normal, robust self.

Back