What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks like my s.purpurea is waking up

• Thread starter JMurphy97
  • Start date
So I was checking out my dorment plants and I noticed that my s.purpurea is growing a new pitcher. Aside from the blizzard we just got the temps look like they are going to warming up from here on. I do in Wisconsin so one day it will be -5 and then 95 the next so that means nothing. But March is next week so if I bring it outside will it have any bad effects?

If another cold snap hits, it will knock out and go dormant again. Leave it indoors with lights, and set it out when your weather is above 45 degreesF., night time temps.

I don't have any room in my grow tank so I could put them under lights so would a east window be fine to bring them all out or dormancy? I was kinda worried that everything would burn from the sun if I waited to put them out. Would I still have to adjust everything to go back outside when the temps are high enough?

I have one in a west window wakeing up. East is fine for now!

Tom

Back